The company Apple has proved that the watch can be not just an accessory with a time control function, but a full-fledged intellectual gadget that facilitates the life of the owner of such a device. Their main development became a smart watch, which series are represented not by one model.
We will discuss which Apple Watch is better to choose: with a screen of 38 mm or 42 mm and how to do this process as clear as possible.
How to choose between these versions of iWatch?
The creator has simplified the task for his customers to a minimum by making on his website a special section in which anyone can «try on» both versions of the clock in real time or even download a printed template to touch them, not just watch.
Which Apple Watch to choose: 38 mm or 42 mm?
After comparing Apple Watch on 38 mm and 42 mm, you should go to the main characteristics of these gadgets. In fact, they haven`t differences, because their release was announced at the same time, and they were put on sale with a difference in a month. By the production used identical materials.
Print a paper layout on the printer
While we don`t have a real opportunity to touch Apple Watch, inspired by the art of origami, we will make our own. However, for us the guys from GH have already tried and developed a PDF-layout that will help when choosing a smart-watch specifically for your wrist.
Printing out the layout, pay attention to the current scale, which should be exactly 100% (print on sheet A4). Don`t stretch the image and in the print settings, uncheck the box «Fit to the size of the page.» Now you have a paper copy of Apple Watch.
Of course, the comparison of the current clock image and the paper layout won`t replace the real sensations of wearing Apple Watch, but if you plan to purchase a smart clock on a preorder or ask a friend suddenly leaving to the US to bring the long-awaited gadget, you definitely will not lose the size. That’s how I decided on the choice of the iPhone 6 and received it a few days after the start of sales in the US.
Distinctive features of the both versions of the smart watch:
- standard stainless steel case, differing only in size and weight (only 10 grams);
- displays are also distinguished only by the dimensions (1.5 / 1.65 inches) and, as a consequence, by resolution (340×272/390×312 pixels);
- the assembly uses identical components: S1 chipset, PowerVR SGX543 video adapter;
- built-in 512MB of operating and 8GB of internal memory;
- it all works on the operating system watchOS 1.0;
- to facilitate the operation and synchronization of the gadget with other devices on iOS, various wireless modules are built in: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, various space sensors and dynamic changes in the owner’s body.
Which model is better to choose 38 mm or 42 mm?
When it comes to choosing Apple Watch: 38 mm or 42 mm, it’s worth mentioning the differences between these versions:
- naturally, do not forget about different dimensions;
- for effective operation in the 42 mm version, a more powerful 250 mAh battery is installed, which allows the smart clock to work up to 22 hours without recharging, unlike 18, like the «smaller brother»;
- the difference in the cost of gadgets is about $ 50 with an increase toward a larger one.
Instead of the conclusion
After comparing the main characteristics of Apple Watch: 38 mm and 42 mm, we can conclude that the choice between the two versions is a matter of taste and density of the buyer’s wallet. The emphasis can be made on the cost and equipment provided in the store. Naturally, a larger screen and longer life without connecting the charger simplify the operation of the gadget, but the most important factor in choosing is the cost.