The iWatch developers have provided the option of tracking daily activity for those people who monitor their health and lead an active lifestyle. That is not difficult, you just need to have a built-in application to count the steps taken in your Apple Watch.
Counting the steps
The smart watch along with the iPhone are equipped with the Active Calories fitness app. This fitness tracker helps you estimate the calorie expenditure during sport activities. Moreover, the program allows you to measure the following indicators:
- pulse and heart rate;
- blood pressure;
- number of steps;
- movement speed.
In addition to collecting data, an iWatch owner will be able to:
- see the progress;
- set goals for the day;
- get detailed information about daily activities.
Getting started with a smart pedometer
To start working with the program, you have to connect the Apple Watch to the iPhone. The fitness assistant functions will be active when ‘i' mark appears on the device. When the connection is established, you can count the number of steps in iWatch. To do this you have to:
- click on the head selecting the «Activity» icon;
- or use the watch face with the «Activity» mini-widget.
The user sees the information concerning the distance covered in the form of rings. The ring, counting how many active calories were burned and human steps were taken, is called ‘Activity'. Their number is displayed in the form of a red bar, which will be filled during the day depending on the goal set.
If you want to see the hourly statistics, movement dynamics, smart pedometer for Apple Watch will show it with swipes left and right in the ‘Detailed activity' section.
Other ways to count your steps
Despite the fact that the smart watch has a built-in pedometer, some users prefer to use other programs, which are many. The following applications are most commonly referred to:
- «Pedometer++» — it displays the distance covered. Its great advantage is battery charge saving;
- «Pacer — Pedometer plus» — it monitors the periods of sport activities and energy consumption;
- «Stepz» is another rather simple program that takes into account all movements when running, speed walking and usual walking, it’s very charge-saving as the first application.
App for counting steps taken in Apple Watch
As you can see, there are lots of options for tracking the distances covered — from the built-in pedometer in the Apple Watch to third-party applications that users could like even before purchasing a gadget. Therefore, fans of a healthy lifestyle can be happy — their every step and calories burned will be counted.