Smart watches from Apple, working in conjunction with the iPhone, offer the user a variety of functions, and can be, among other things, and fitness assistant. Apple Watch counts the calories consumed during the lessons, as well as:
- it monitors the pulse of its owner;
- distance traveled with the built-in pedometer;
- measures the pressure of the athlete;
- speed of movement;
- a number of other activities.
- Principle of operation Fitness Activity
- What does each of the rings (circles) of activity mean?
- Fitness tracking in iWatch counts calories
- Methods of counting
- Types of activity
- Features of Fitness Activity on Apple Watch and how can you use it?
- What can you if an application is absent?
- Activating the training log for Apple Watch
Principle of operation Fitness Activity
Fitness functions work when an iPhone connection is established and the icon / button «i» on the smart clock is displayed. The gadget has a pre-installed Activity application that will also appear on the phone when both devices communicate with each other. All information from iWatch is transmitted to the smartphone, where it is stored and processed by the program.
What does each of the rings (circles) of activity mean?
Information on the watch Apple Watch, the user receives in the form of 3 rings (circles), which are visible the first time you enter the application. To see more details, the indicators of one of them, swipe upwards, then the program on the smart clock will go to a wider consideration of one of the rings:
- Mobility keeps track of how much you’ve spent a day in total.
- A detailed description indicates the number of human steps in 24 hours.
- The indicator of exercise increases in the course of acceptance by a person of significant physical exertion, which burns calories and leads to an increase in heart rate.
Warm-up fixes actions that do not carry physical loads that burn calories:
- a person gets out of bed;
- stand up from his chair, etc.
The smartphone application that appears after creating an iWatch pair with the iPhone allows the user to set him a target for the day, and then start to follow it, observing the progress.
Fitness tracking in iWatch counts calories
This concept is the main one used by the device when it is used as a fitness assistant. What is an active calorie app in Apple Watch? This is the amount of energy that a person burns during periods of physical activity.
Periods of inactivity, for example, standing on the spot, are not taken into account. Also energy units spent during ordinary walking, which are less energy-consuming than exercises, aren`t considered active. Smart watches know how to differentiate activity modes and switch between them, by counting the amount of energy spent for each period of activity / inactivity.
Methods of counting
In the company’s novelty, a complex calculation algorithm is applied. Apple Watch counts calories based on data that is stored in the program memory and contains information about energy costs typical for a particular sport (these types are below). The data received from iWatch sensors is superimposed on it:
- the heart rate of the owner;
- the GPS sensor’s indication of speed and distance.
Types of activity
Several training modes are built into the program. Among them:
- The run.
- A bike.
- Exercise bike.
- Stepper and other.
Features of Fitness Activity on Apple Watch and how can you use it?
To regularly receive notifications on the iPhone, you need to:
- Go to «Watch».
- Select the section «My Clock».
- Subcategory «Activity».
- Enable notifications and reminders.
When you activate the notification option, go to the application, click on the tab and see how all the settings correspond to your goals.Smart watches connected to the iPhone, use its processor, which is able to more accurately monitor the movement of people using GPS data and built-in functions. In addition, the functionality and capabilities of iWatch, after pairing with the iPhone, will expand, and without this, you can use them basically as a normal clock (only for viewing the time). Therefore, it is recommended to buy iWatch with the smartphone.
What can you if an application is absent?
If you haven`t the «Activity» program for Apple Watch on iPhone, you should restart the smart clock and check it again.
If you rebooted the device and nothing changed? In this case, you should try to reinstall the application and create a pair (maybe you hurried and did something wrong). Remember — it appears on the screen of your phone, only after the complete pairing with the smart clock.
Activating the training log for Apple Watch
You can activate one or the other training mode:
- by voice through the Siri function;
- selecting the desired option in the «Training» program on the Apple Watch screen.
Brushing aside the menu item related to the required type of sports activity, you can customize the purpose of the exercise by setting the task in one of the following ways: by time;
- number of burned energy units.
In the process of working, you can switch the display of information on the Apple Watch clock screen in the fitness application «Active Activities»:
- heart rate;
- time spent on exercises;
- rate of movement;
- distance traveled.