Apple AirPods wireless headset is one of the best marketable, as the headphones are practical and user-friendly, compared to their analogues. They’ve got the best sound quality and work seamlessly with Apple devices, but they can also be connected to Android devices. To connect AirPods to a computer is very easy. They will perfectly work with a PC based on Windows operating system, if it is equipped with a Bluetooth modem.
To connect AirPods to a PC you need
- Bluetooth modem.
- Appropriate drivers on your device.
- Your PC or laptop should support the wireless headset connection.
Instructions on connecting AirPods to a computer or laptop on Windows 7, 8, 10
- Turn on the Bluetooth function on your device.
- Then pair the headphones with the device.
- Press the button and hold it for a couple of seconds on the case and the charger simultaneously.
- Wait until the indicator near the button on the charging box is on. This flashing shows that the headphones and the PC / laptop have completed the process of identifying each other.
- All you have to perform now is the standard procedure of connecting a usual wireless headset to your device.
Drawbacks of connecting to a PC
So far we’ve figured out how to connect AirPods to Windows 7, 8, 10, but you can face some troubles in the process. When AirPods are finally connected to some non-Apple devices, they get limited functionality. The user won’t be able to:
- see the status of charging headphones on the device screen;
- use the function to promptly switch headphones between different devices.
If you connect AirPods to Apple and Android devices, you can use the touchpad functionality, but the touchpad won’t work with a PC or laptop. But despite this fact, the headphones will work seamlessly in any case, and the sound quality will be perfect.
What other devices can be connected to AirPods
In addition to devices on Windows, you can also connect your Apple wireless headphones to any other device that is equipped with the Bluetooth function: be it a tablet, iWatch, PDA, phone on Android or another OS.
What to do if you experience sudden problems
Although Apple Company promises us a seamless AirPods operation even when pairing them with other devices, you may experience various problems. In order to get rid of these troubles, you have to reset your headphones. Algorithm for resetting this headphone model is as follows:
- you have to hold down the button on the charging case for a certain time until the indicator starts flashing amber;
- when the indicator is on, close the lid of the charging box;
- then you have to repeat the process of pairing.
Now you understand how to connect Apple AirPods headphones to a laptop or PC and make the most of them.