Calling by smart watches is already a reality
Before buying an expensive device from the world-famous brand of many people, the question interests, and can you call by Apple Watch? This article will tell you about this feature, as well as help you figure out how to receive incoming calls, and, directly, to make them.
The pluses of calling by Apple Watch
Making calls with the help of Apple Watch has a number of undoubted advantages to be talked about:
- Voice control — thanks to modern technologies that were used during the development of Apple Watch, you can choose a contact and call using a voice command.
- Switching to iPhone — if for some reason you are not comfortable talking on Apple Watch, you can always switch the call to your iPhone, which is an indisputable plus.
- Convenience — doing your daily business you don`t need to be distracted in search of your phone in an apartment or house, because you can make a call directly through your smart-watches. It should be said that during calls through Apple Watch you will be very unaccustomed to talk.
In addition, if you are in a public place, then because of the weak dynamics, it will be difficult for you to disassemble the speech of the interlocutor. Being in an office, cafe or shopping center is not always convenient to talk through Apple Watch, as some topics in conversations can be too personal. So, let’s figure out how to make calls through Apple Watch.
Who could imagine that a conventional wristwatch would be enough to replace the size of smartphones and tablets? Synchronizing iWatch with iPhone, when seeing an incoming call, an extensive selection of actions opens:
- To do this, you need to click on the appeared green button with the phone inside.
- It is necessary to press the red button. In this case, you will be forwarded to voicemail.
- Reply to iPhone. You can talk on the smartphone.
- Send a template message.
- Cover the screen for a few seconds with your hand, which will automatically reset the call.
- After that, it will be offered to activate the silent mode. If the call was cleared, a notification with the message left will come when the smart clock is unlocked. If this didn`t happen, you can read the record through the Voice Mail application in the Phone tab.
In order to activate the function of mute with the palm of your hand (Cover to Mute), you need to do the following:
- Open the Apple Watch application on the iPhone;
- Select «Sounds and Haptics» in the menu;
- Move the «Cover to Mute» switch to the «On» position.
Unlike the iPhone, Apple Watch doesn`t have the ability to install special ringtones. However, if desired, the user can enable and disable sound and tactile notifications in the smart clock. By default, Apple Watch settings reflect the settings of your smartphone, but you can change them using the Apple Watch application for iPhone.
As you can see, receiving calls on the Apple Watch device is very easy and convenient, but it’s best to use wireless headphones Powerbeats!
Using smart watches, you can also make calls to certain numbers. Unfortunately, calls to contacts that are exclusively on the «favorites» list are still available. You can edit it on the iPhone. So, to make a call, you need to do the following:
Press the button on the side, located below the wheel of the scroll (Digital Crown). Select the contact by turning the dial. Use the button on which the phone is shown.
Instead of the conclusion
Talking with the help of Apple Watch is initially unusual, but the addiction comes quickly. This development is still relatively new, so the owners expect the improvements in the work in the near future. In the meantime, you can give some tips:
- To enable the possibility of delaying the call by hand, you need to go into the iWatch application on the iPhone and move the slider in the special tab «Sounds and communication».
- To completely disable notifications in the same application, go to the «Ringtone» block, where the slider will be similarly located (in the new firmware in the «Customize» section).