To make the most of your Apple wireless earbuds, you should install special apps for AirPods. You can use them to find a lost gadget, to find out the level of charge and to perform other important actions.
How to search for AirPods earbuds
In everyday life we often tend to lose diverse items. Earbuds can easily become one of these items. Not everyone can afford a new pair though, since AirPods are not the cheapest accessories on the market. Finder app for AirPods was developed specifically to help you manage such situations.
There are various processors and sensors built in AirPods, but unfortunately they don 't have a GPS module, which is a significant drawback. For this, the search of a lost accessory might be quite difficult.The application won’t tell you the exact location of the earbuds, but will only let you know approximately where they are. In order to understand more specifically how the app works, you need to perform the following actions:
- First, you need to install the Finder app on your iPhone. When you lose your earbuds, you should launch the app.
- If just one earbud is lost, select it in the app.
- To avoid any interference, close the case cover.
- The next step is to move around the area where your accessory might have been lost.
- If you are close to the earbud, the phone will let you know about it.
Thinking logically, this application can only be useful if the earbuds were lost in a familiar place. If you don’t know the place even approximately, Finder will be absolutely useless for you. Based on this, we can conclude that this application will only be useful in a limited number of situations.
Apps to check the level of charge of AirPods
The level of charge of Airpods is an important aspect of their functioning. In order that your AirPods don’t stop working, you either need to know how long the battery lasts, or to constantly monitor the percentage of its charging. Specifically for this purpose, several applications have been developed to help monitor the level of charge of the accessory:
The application data will display the remaining battery life of the AirPods. In addition, such applications will also indicate the level of charge in the charger. But this requires that the charging case contains one of your earbuds, otherwise the app won’t be able to tell you how much battery life you have left.
This application was created later than other programmes of this type. It will perform the following functions:
- notify you on an ongoing basis of the remaining battery life of your earbuds;
- let you know when it’s necessary to recharge your AirPods.
Droidpods can be purchased in PlayMarket at a price of $ 2.5.
This application can be purchased for $ 2.5 in PlayMarket as well. It has the highest number of reviews and an overall rating of 4.4 stars.
- Pro. This app shows battery statistics as a pop-up notification. This will happen as soon as you connect the earbuds.
- Con. One of the main disadvantages of this programme is that it sometimes indicates incorrect battery charge readings.
It should be noted that this is the only free application of this sort. AirPods and AirPods 2 app is compatible also with other types of wireless earbuds. However, it should be mentioned that this programme has a significant disadvantage: there is advertising in it.